» How to adjust with in-laws
» Marriage Counselling
» Love Marriage Problem Solution
» Relationship Counselling
» Couple Counselling
» Family Therapist
» Family Disputes
» Property Disputes
» Interpersonal Relationship
» Abusive Marriage
» Feeling Sick
» Problem Solving Skills
» Speaking Skills
» Listening Skills
» Interpersonal Skills
» Communication Skills
» Anger Management
» Stress Management
» Focus of Mind
» Mind Clarity
» How to Increase Willpower
» Empowering You
» Mind Management
» Learning Skills
» Work Culture
» Conflict Management & Resolution
» Time Management Strategies
» Office Politics
» Wealth Management
» Entrepreneur Skills
» Leadership Skills
» Finance Management
» Employee Relation
» Conflict Resolution Techniques
» Business Growth
» Business communication skills
» Startup Ideas
» Ideas to Action
» The Mindset of Entrepreneurs
» Mentor-Mente Program
“The youth of today are the leaders of tomorrow.”
Youth is the period of time when you either create a life according to your dreams or destroy your life under the influence of others.
It is a very crucial period when everything is new and the way the child is molded shall remain with him forever.
To state an example from my experiences, “There was one well-to-do family, who loved their child very much. However, they had no idea what the future held for them.
One day, after coming from college, their child was very irritated. When the parents asked him about what happened to his mood (because the child never behaved like that before), the child didn’t reply.
Instead, he got angry and left the room. The child started remaining in the same mood for many days. The parents noticed for a few days and decided to check what has been concerning their child.
When the parents tried to inquire about the situation, they found that the child was taking some sort of drugs under the influence of his college friends.
The parents were stunned to know how their child and his friends have been destroying their lives under the influence of drugs.
They decided to contact the parents of other children and decided to talk to the college authorities. The college was unaware of the act and increased strictness in the premises.
The child got even more anguish and started behaving even more rudely. His parents decided to take professional help as they thought the situation was no more in their hands.
They consulted many doctors and took medicines, but nothing helped the child because it was in his mind. The doctor then asked them to get the child counseled from me.
As soon as the child’s counseling began, colossal changes were seen in his behavior. Counseling helped him vent out his fears and thoughts. It helped the child to learn about himself and think more clearly. The mental condition of the child was improved tremendously.
Similarly, a girl decided to take youth counselling from us when she failed the entrance examination of the architecture course twice. She lost all the hope and thought maybe she will never get admitted to her dream college.
As her counseling began she started learning more about herself and her goals. She learned to overcome many of her complexes, she retained her focus, she started building her confidence, and by the end of her counseling program, she had changed and transformed herself completely.
As a result, she worked so hard as an architect that she represented India in Rio as the best architect.
This is how counseling for youth has changed the lives of young people. Youth needs counseling more than anyone.
- Facing depression: The period of adolescence is quite confusing and demanding. Youth feel lost most of the time as they have to choose the right career for them, score good marks, maintain friendships, or leave their homes for college. All these things when they hit the youth together, feel so much burden on them which leads to thoughts of hopelessness. All this causes depression in young people as they start feeling lonely and hopeless.
- Adjusting to feelings: The youth period turns out to be one of the most emotional phases of life. Teenagers learn about feelings and start experiencing them. Many times they fall for someone who might not feel the same way. This leads to heartbreak and they do not know who to talk to. It may seem quite normal to others, but such broken feelings can have adverse effects on a child.
- Family issues: Youngsters as they grow older find it hard to adjust in the family. They start demanding freedom which when not given, they turn aggressive. They feel no one understands them and that their family always opposes them. Such thoughts cause hatred in their hearts for their own family members.
- Career confusion: As a child enters teenage years, they are asked and expected to choose the career for them. However, 80% of teenagers have no idea what they want at that age and end up taking the wrong decision. This further demotivates them as they feel they have failed in life. The decision of choosing the right career causes confusion and anxiety in youngsters.
- Unrealistic hopes: It is a period of age where youngsters create their own virtual world in their minds. They set their expectations high and goals even higher. As they hit adolescence they face reality which is far from what they expected. This causes a dilemma and feelings of broken dreams in them. They do not understand how to adjust to reality which further causes depression.
- Hormonal imbalance: When it comes to adolescence, it is all a play of hormones. The hormonal changes are what cause most of the troubles during this age. Teenagers do not understand it as they find it delusional. However, it becomes very important to mold the youth into a good person during this age. All these are some problems and issues faced by young people. To overcome such feelings, conflicts, and changes it becomes very critical to undertake to counsel for youth.
How can youth counselling help?
Youth counselling can help young people in numerous ways. From improving relations to getting career guidance everything can be solved with youth counselling.
Some areas where youth counselling can help you are:
- Build ecstatic relationships: Teenagers find it very difficult to form lasting relations with people. From teachers, parents, siblings, and friends, it seems they like none of them. It is also because of the feelings of jealousy and hatred that grow in them. Youth counselling can help them overcome such feelings and build strong relationships with people. It sets them on the path of love and care.
- Helps bring a child out of depression: Youth is known to be the most depressed among all people. Youngsters have anxiety issues and life-dilemmas which bother them to a level that causes depression. They feel lonely and hopeless most of the time. If provided the right counseling, youngsters can be taken out of their depression easily. Youth counselling helps children with ongoing depression or children who might be on the path of getting depressed.
- Improves confidence: With everything around changing, youngsters are unable to gather enough confidence to face or talk to people. Sometimes they may not even have the confidence to do basic activities. Youth counselling can help teenagers gain confidence. The counselor helps clients improve their confidence levels by solving the self-esteem issues they might be facing.
- You will get a clear vision of life: As already discussed, the youth sets unrealistic goals and aspirations for themselves. When they are not fulfilled they feel broken and hopeless. It becomes very crucial to give the youth a clear vision of life. They are the creators of their life and they have to be directed to the right path. Counseling can provide them the right guidance and clarity of life that they seek.