Child Growth And Development Counselling
Child growth and development remains one of the topmost concerns of almost all parents.
Many times developmental issues or growth issues are faced by children. It becomes very difficult for parents to see their children suffer from such problems.
Once I was visited by a client who was from a well-off family. They had everything one desires, but their only child had some growth issues.
He could not learn and grasp things as quickly as the other kids. His parents visited me and were very upset as they could not see their child struggling.
Soon I started the counselling of parents. I had already counselled such children, and I knew the solutions to their problems.
As their counselling started, I taught them new ideas and methods to help their child. Soon they started seeing improvement in their child.
Today their child is even sharper than the kids of his age. We just need to understand that each kid is different, and so their parenting should also be different.
What influences the growth and development of a child?
- Heredity: Sometimes the cause behind the kind of growth or development of your child is his or her genes. In most cases, it can be overcome with proper nutrition and care. Parents with any such issues tend to cause the same growth pattern in kids.
- Hormones: Hormones play a crucial role in the growth and development of children. The imbalance of hormones can cause a hindrance in the growth of children. Many growth defects like height, weight, or behaviours are caused due to hormonal imbalance.
- Environment: The environment of a family determines the child’s development. If a child lives with parents who constantly fight or abuse each other, chances are the child’s growth may vary from other kids. Such environments affect the child both mentally and emotionally.
- Nutrition: The growth of a child is directly linked to the kind of nutrition he gets. Malnutrition can cause deficiency diseases that affect the growth and development of children. Obesity is another growth hindrance caused due to inefficient nutrition in kids.
- Sex: The sex of a child also determines his pattern of growth. If you have a boy and a girl, you should know they won’t follow the same growth pattern. Many times parents compare the growth of their opposite-sex kids and worry about their development.
How can counselling help for child growth?
Why Life Coach Ritu Singal?
I have vast experience in counselling parents of children with growth and developmental issues.
I feel every child is different and has his or her own struggles. We parents, have to make our parenting flexible to help our children learn and adjust better.
My funda is to find the root of the problem and end issues permanently. With innovative techniques and ways, I have helped more than 100 families lead a happy life ahead.