Sometimes the speed and the intensity are so powerful that they can be dizzying. Employee counselling comes handy in such situations. Employees with psychological tools and methods to help them stay focused, calm, and behave balanced will perform and shine even in the toughest and tumultuous times.
7. Dealing with Severance and Layoffs: Probably, one of the most critical roles of the corporate counsellor is when there are mass layoffs and retrenchments due to economic downturn and unprofitable business. The sudden loss of income and job-security can fill the departing employees and the remaining employees with despair, angst, and fear. She has worked with such situations, and H.R. managers have said that employees handled themselves better after her coaching sessions. Even the laid employees were more confident than the others and soon found a good job in another company.
8. Improving Work Environment: A right work environment results in lively, cheerful, and more productive employees. To give their best at the workplace, especially in the modern knowledge-driven market space, must provide merit promoting, innovative, and smart environments. Usual bickering, politicking, and back-stabbing may not work in the long-run. She helped many corporations to identify the bad to worse work conditions in their offices and offered concrete yet simple solutions to minimize the friction and improve coordination. The work environment also includes the physical world and its conditions like humidity, temperature, lighting, ventilation, and working hours.
9. Work-life Balance: The H.R. managers must provide the maximum possible and optimal work-life balance to their employees. One has to accept that stress is a part of our lives, affecting our work-life balance. A corporate counsellor can help management realize its importance and employees to have a little laid-back attitude.
Other Benefits of Corporate Counselling include:
- It facilitates clients to objectively assess them, build on their strengths, and manage your weaknesses or expectations.
- Elements of personality development like decision making, effective communication, soft skills training, etiquette training, and time management can be significantly improved.
- It helps in reducing absenteeism and improving staff retention at workplaces.
How can corporate counselling help your organization?
In its most basic terms, corporate counselling in India is an impartial third-party advisor’s involvement who offers guidance to organizations in an attempt to assist them to improve their performance in key areas such as management, marketing, and business development.
Being a corporate counselling service provider myself, I first identify the challenges your company is facing. These will be based on current needs, market trends, and competitive advantages. It is critical to understand what drives your organization and what areas require the most attention. Once the counselor identifies these, they can design plans that will help your business cope with these challenges. You can also conduct focus groups with key stakeholders to gain their perspectives on issues of particular concern to them.
Corporate counselling in India will provide your company with effective strategies to deal with a variety of issues. Some of the common services offered include:
- Analyzing current practices in your organization to identify areas of weakness.
- Developing new policies and procedures to enhance the effectiveness of the organization.
- Improving the performance of your employees and boosting productivity.
- Reinforcing corporate governance rules and policies to improve work culture in your office.
- Training and providing quality management training to your staff members. If the staff is active, positive, and happy, the company will improve in all forms.
- Corporate counselling services provide resources to your associates and employees to ensure effective team-building strategies.
- Networking with other organizations to exchange ideas and experiences can be leveled up after corporate counselling. Many organizations lack the networking skills to expand their business. Corporate counselling services can help you with such skills.
You must select your Corporate Coach carefully. Several factors will affect your choice. First, you must ensure that the Corporate Counseling Service provider you choose has the required experience and expertise to help you in your endeavors. The perfect Corporate Counselling Service should be able to provide effective communication and support infrastructure to help you in your work. We have vast experience in coaching top level MNC’s and their employees.
Corporate Counselling in India
Counsellor and Coach
Corporate counselors have to deal with many people and generally have limited time on their hands. As each employee may have different baggage, great care is needed.