» How to adjust with in-laws
» Marriage Counselling
» Love Marriage Problem Solution
» Relationship Counselling
» Couple Counselling
» Family Therapist
» Family Disputes
» Property Disputes
» Interpersonal Relationship
» Abusive Marriage
» Feeling Sick
» Problem Solving Skills
» Speaking Skills
» Listening Skills
» Interpersonal Skills
» Communication Skills
» Anger Management
» Stress Management
» Focus of Mind
» Mind Clarity
» How to Increase Willpower
» Empowering You
» Mind Management
» Learning Skills
» Work Culture
» Conflict Management & Resolution
» Time Management Strategies
» Office Politics
» Wealth Management
» Entrepreneur Skills
» Leadership Skills
» Finance Management
» Employee Relation
» Conflict Resolution Techniques
» Business Growth
» Business communication skills
» Startup Ideas
» Ideas to Action
» The Mindset of Entrepreneurs
» Mentor-Mente Program
This lady was also preparing for UPSC competitive exams to become an Indian Administrative Services (IAS) officer – the backbone of Indian Government’s executive.
With great efforts and preparations this lady became an IAS officer and was posted to a reputed position after training. Within 2 years of service she became very tired, started losing her health and even the family could not see her much.
When she came to know of this situation, she counselled and coached her and with the help of her scientific tools and psychological tests found the reason for all the problems.
She helped the female officer realize that bureaucracy is not her cup of tea and she was better off as a University Professor, where she found her true calling.
The professor wrote a very heartfelt and warm letter of thanks, after a couple of years joining the academics back, giving her full credit for the new-found strength and purpose in her life.
We generally think that career guidance and counselling is only for students going for college or fresh graduates of under-graduate programs, especially in a non-professional program.
We assume that once a student has opted for a stream or taken admission to a professional program, they have found their “career-path.” In some cases, the company where you get your first job is the “final” and everyone is told to stay put and rise in the ranks.
But career advice and coaching can be useful for not only aspiring professionals but also for people who are already pursuing one career and want more from it or want to explore new frontiers.
Career coaching is needed by senior executives and management leaders who want to take on new challenges. Leaders who want to leave a legacy and bring a difference to society.
You may benefit from career counselling and coaching if you are:
- A student and are not sure which program to pursue or what career to choose
- An employee who is unhappy with your current job or organization
- An someone who can take more challenges and knows who is capable of more
- Looking for career opportunities that were never on your radar earlier
- Being threatened with downsizing and facing redundancy
- Planning for starting a new business or option of private practice
- Considering a change of domain or industry but have no clue for a good fit
- Finding it difficult to expand your professional network, close contacts and job search skills
A career coach does not tell you what to do, instead they make you realize what is important for you and how you can achieve them. For this they have many tools, exercises, psychometric tests and psychological analysis.
Many successful clients of Ritu Singal have discovered how she has helped them reach their goals when their career was ebbing.
As a career counselor, she shares a story of a young graduate who was having many psychological and physiological issues like insomnia, depression and attention deficit syndrome. This youth had graduated from a prestigious business school and got a great placement offer form an MNC.
Just before she was to join the company, a personal tragedy delayed her joining and the company withdrew the placement offer. She was still optimistic that she would join another good company, but the economic depression of 2008-09 set in and all hiring across the board was frozen.
She could not find a suitable job to match her skills and education for almost the next 2 years. This was a nerve wrecking period for her as many of her family members also put pressure on her to get married.
Life and career coach was contacted by her elder sister who had earlier benefitted from her coaching in another sphere of life. As both lived in different cities, it was decided that the coaching would be remote.
In online career counselling sessions, Life Coach discussed in detail her problems, confusions, and fears to understand where she is headed. She discussed with the girl her dreams and aspirations, which seemed very distant at the time.
She then used simple exercises to shake her inertia and gradually bring out the cheerful and energetic girl that she was before the job loss. When she found a source of energy within herself, the girl could now take up new courses to upgrade her skills.
In a short period of time with regular coaching and counselling, this new dynamic and confident girl could land not one, but three job offers. She has, since then, become a senior vice president of operations and strategy for a very successful tech startup.
Life coach provides in-person and online career counselling to support her clients in making objective decisions and prepares them to face challenges.
Life coaching is a collaborative process in which the coach and the client work together to remove mental and emotional blockades that pull you down.
A career guide or a career counsellor is focused on finding the right career path for the client, based on the input provided.
They are not equipped to help the clients see clearly about themselves and remove their confusions and doubts themselves.
A life coach focused on career counselling and development can do both and provide specialized services to help find success.
A career life coach can help you:
- Develop new skills: A life coach helps you recognize your weaknesses and strengths. With this deep insight into areas where you lack and why you lack in them, you can make substantive improvements in developing new skills to succeed in your career.
- Identify your true calling: Life coach guides you to identify your life and career goals. She provides constructive opinions and tools to help you reach those goals.
- Improve your work-life balance: With a confused state of mind and dissatisfaction at the workplace, you are bound to have an unsatisfactory work-life balance. She can help you evaluate your situation and help make hard choices objectively to gradually attain the perfect work-life balance.
- Channelize your energy and ideas: With youth counselling, a life and career coach can channelize your energy, emotions and ideas. Once you identify your store of energy, release blocked emotions and unveil the ideas, you can find success in all areas of your life and work.
- Find the right direction: A life coach will help you see yourself bare and understand who you are. She says if we do not know about our core belief, we can never find our true calling and goals that will make us content and happy. She helps you discover details about yourself that you never knew yourself but decided your destiny and life.
- Set realistic goals: Sometimes we fail to achieve our goals because we do not know about them, but many times we have either set them too unrealistically or they are too distorted by noise. For e.g., earning the most salary in the office is not a satisfying and contending goal but to have respect for all co-workers is.
- Attain your goals: The life and career coach helps you maintain focus whenever you may lose it. Milestones at short distances in the form of a tracker, help you maintain the correct speed as well as direction. This alignment of targets with resources is what makes one attain their goals.
- Face the most grueling interviews: An interviewer has to unearth in a short span of time how you are going to fair in tense situations and less-than perfect work-environment. The pointed and tricky questions can bring out a wrong answer from you disqualifying you at the spot. A life coach will help you remain calm, focused, alert and in control of your emotions and trains of thoughts to better face any interview.
- In short, whether you want an entry into a new field or willing to take the risk of a career transition, a life and career coach can help you help yourself. In the light shone by the coach you can clear the path to success and focus on realistic and realizable goals.The decision to take measurable and meaningful actions and to track your progress without being judgmental gives you confidence and metal firmness to achieve the goals.To hire career counselling online services from Life Coach, you simply need resolve to bring your work-life and lifework in perfect sync. Whether you are a freelancer, a practicing professional, a young aspirant or an executive, you can access incredible and simple tools from anywhere.