Are you just working in your office, or are you being productive? Well, being an entrepreneur and a Life Coach, when I talk about working or being productive, they are completely different two things.
Let us understand it with two cases. For instance, there are two employees of the named company- employee X and employee Y. Both these employees have the same job duties and 8 working hours per day.
- Employee X: This employee sits at his desk at 9 AM and starts working on his dailies. He works for some time, goes for a cup of tea. He then comes back, does some of his work, and decides to watch a few youtube videos. After spending 30-40 minutes, he realizes his work is pending and quickly starts working again. He works for a few hours and checks the time. He goes for another cup of tea and talks to his colleagues. When he comes back he realizes he has only 30 minutes left to wrap all his work. He panics and quickly completes his work in 40 more minutes. He continues working this way the next day as well.
- Employee Y: This employee also sits at his desk at 9 AM and starts working on his dailies. He challenges himself to complete 60% of the set before lunch break. He takes just one washroom break and accomplishes his challenge. He has a nice time talking to others and enjoying his lunch. He gets back to his table and decides to quickly wrap up the rest of his day’s work. He gets all his work done 40 minutes before the leaving time. Now, he utilizes this time by helping his team members and relaxes along.
If you consider both the cases, you’ll know which employee was merely working and which employee was being productive.
As we all know that the workplace productivity is a measure of how effective and efficient a worker is in completing his daily tasks. The more productive he is in terms of his tasks, then the better he will be performing in his job. Workplace counselling improve employee’s work performance and also help in the employee growth and development in the organization.
Now that you know what being productive at work means, you should have enough motivation to make certain changes to your life.
15+ Tips To Boost Productivity At Work
If you are a boss, or even if you work for someone who has a big job and a bunch of assistants, you want to know how to increase productivity in the work. After all, if you’re doing your job properly, no one is going to notice if you’re getting more done than before. But if you are having a hard time increasing productivity at your job, what should you do? There are things that you can do so that productivity in your workplace goes up. Here are some tips on how to increase productivity in the work:
- Time Management – Do you know how to manage your time? Time management is crucial to any work situation. It helps you organize yourself and know exactly how much time you have left for each task that needs to be done. When you don’t manage your time well, it becomes easy to lose track and end up not finishing half of the tasks that have been assigned to you. So, the first tip on how to increase productivity in the work is to manage your time better.
Managing time efficiently is something most of us have struggled with at some point during our personal or professional lives, in this video Best Life Coach is going to reveal some techniques of manage time.
- Take regular breaks – Regular breaks have long been known to increase productivity in the workplace, and yet very few workers take regular breaks. Companies are always pushing their employees to get more done in less time, but most of them have a hard time implementing this into their work practices. People simply do not seem organized enough to keep up with it! But you don’t need to be organized to increase your work productivity; the key is to take regular breaks. Taking frequent short breaks can help you increase your work efficiency, regardless of how busy you may find yourself. Taking regular short breaks has many benefits, especially when you add them to your daily routine. Your body needs time to recuperate from the stress of the day, and frequent short breaks will allow you to refresh and rejuvenate. Not only will your body benefit from this, but your mind will as well. When you are tired, you can’t concentrate on your work properly, which can lead to mistakes and less overall work productivity. Taking regular short breaks can help you overcome this problem, making you more productive.
- Set self-imposed deadlines – One of the ways that I have been able to increase my overall productivity at work is to use self-imposed deadlines. The reason why this works so well is that it forces you to be more accountable and it gives you a sense of urgency. For example, if you set yourself a deadline to finish a task within a certain amount of time, whether it be an email, report, or task, you end up being much more motivated to complete the task and do it on time. For businesses, self-imposed deadlines can be particularly useful. In business, we often have multiple projects going at the same time. If you are not careful, it’s easy to miss deadlines and waste time on them. To avoid procrastination and other bad habits that can consume your time and energy, setting yourself and your business apart from the rest of the pack by setting self-imposed deadlines can help you get things done. If you keep yourself to the task at hand by using a deadline, you will find that you are much more efficient, focused, and even enjoy doing your job.
- Eliminate All Distractions – There are many different things you can do to increase productivity in the workplace, but one thing that many businesses forget to think about is being able to reduce the number of distractions in the workplace. Many people have a very difficult time dealing with a lot of noise, and it can be extremely detrimental to the productivity level of any business. If you want to increase productivity in the workplace, then you need to eliminate all the unnecessary noise that people bring into the workplace. You need to be able to focus on the task at hand and eliminate all the discomforts to increase productivity in the workplace. Once you have eliminated all the unnecessary distractions in the office, you can then focus on the task at hand, which is increasing your productivity in the office.
- Quit multitasking – Quit multitasking to increase productivity in the work is a practice that many people are now doing because studies have shown that people tend to perform multiple tasks simultaneously. Studies have also shown that people are not as productive as they could or should be because of this. People need to remember that if they want to achieve their goals at work then they need to be able to divide their attention and allocate the right tasks for each individual. Remember that multitasking in the workplace is a serious distraction that should be avoided as much as possible. Also, by working in smaller blocks of time you will be able to complete more tasks in the same amount of time.
- Take exercise breaks – Many employees take breaks and eat lunch at their workstations. Taking exercise breaks allows an individual to rehydrate from the stress of a long workday. Long working hours can drain an employee’s energy and motivation, leaving the employee irritable and lacking in the mental and physical capacity necessary to perform at peak levels. It is recommended that all employees be given at least thirty-five minutes of unguided, guided activity three times a week.
- Reward Yourself for Finishing a Big Task – It’s all about self-reward to help you get things done. If you are like most people your day never ends, and it seems like there is always something that needs to get done. So, instead of waiting for the things to be done to get them done, why not just do them right then? When you finish a task you should feel good about yourself, and you should reward yourself. It can increase your productivity as well as motivation.
You may even find yourself wanting to spend more time working on these tasks than you would normally and this can be a great motivational tool. Also, by completing your tasks in the order they were set forth, you will be able to see which tasks are easier than others, and you may even find yourself taking on more difficult tasks to finish everything on time. Reward yourself for completing a big task by giving yourself credit for a job well done.
- Write out a To-Do-List Each Day – If you want to know how to write out a to-do-List every day to increase productivity in the office, you should set aside a few hours each day to write out your list or at least spend a couple of minutes doing so. It will allow you to break up the monotony of a long workday, and it will help you clear your head so that you can think about other things that need to get done. Another key to knowing how to write out a to-do-List is knowing what you want to get done. For instance, if you often find yourself spending extra time in meetings that are simply designed to shoot down your ideas, then it is time for you to stop attending meetings and start writing out your goals. It may mean writing down your vision for the company or your career path and listing all of the tasks you need to accomplish each day. You may also want to consider creating a work schedule that will help you keep track of your progress.
- Get up Early – Everyone knows that when you get up early you are more productive, but did you know that the benefits extend beyond just your working hours? Being able to get your work done earlier in the morning gives you more time to relax and unwind. One of the biggest problems for people who must clock in early is finding the energy to get out of bed and get the work done. It can be very difficult trying to get to sleep at the end of the day, especially if you must stay up all night to complete the job. Getting up early and staying up until you can leave the office will increase productivity in a variety of ways. You will likely be much more alert and able to concentrate on your work. It is crucial to make sure that the work that you are doing is stimulating and challenging. If your work is not challenging and stimulating, you will find it very difficult to stay motivated and get through the day.
- Get Plenty of Sleep – Unfortunately, most people simply don’t get enough sleep and blame it on stress and worry. However, lack of sleep can actually be a result of other problems in the body, and sleep is absolutely essential to one’s physical, mental, emotional, and even spiritual health. Lack of sleep can cause irritability, moodiness, depression, decreased concentration, memory loss, and even more serious side effects such as heart disease and cancer. Because of this, it is important to try to get at least seven hours of sleep each night. Getting enough sleep is essential to your overall health and well-being and can help you stay physically healthy as well. Sleep is an important part of the natural cycle of life, and without it, we’re much more prone to illness and other physical problems.
- Exercise – Exercise is by far the best way to increase your productivity, provided you’re not staying up late watching television or playing video games. Even if you’re not sleeping well, you can greatly improve your quality of life by getting some exercise, and it doesn’t even have to be anything complicated. A fifteen-minute walk will help, as will taking a brisk walk on a sunny day. Whatever you choose to do, make sure that you do it regularly. If you’re not already doing so, try to incorporate five or ten minutes of exercise into your normal schedule each day.
- Set Some Exciting Goals – It is important that you set some exciting goals to increase productivity in the workplace. It does not matter if these goals are related to your job or personal life. By setting some goals, you will be able to make sure that you are doing everything in your power to achieve them. Whether it is having a good day at work, increasing your productivity, achieving your personal goals, or even reaching your family goals, some goals can help you increase your productivity in the workplace. You need to find out what areas of the work that you enjoy. If you work on an interesting project, then you might want to take that time and create a roadmap to reach that goal. If you set some exciting goals to increase productivity in the office, then you will be able to work on those projects whenever you have free time. Make sure that you set realistic goals so that you know whether or not you are going to reach them. It is also important that you make your goals as specific as possible.
- Listen to Podcasts – Podcasts can help you learn new things. One of the things that many people forget is that when you take an entire afternoon and sit down and listen to one of these podcasts, you can learn a whole bunch of new things. Some of these things may be knowledge that you already possess, and others will be knowledge that you can obtain through listening to podcasts. Either way, podcasts are an excellent way to increase productivity in the workplace. In addition to just the obvious content, but also because you can learn about new topics, you can gain knowledge that will help you in your future work environment.
- Turn off notifications – By turning off all of the vibrate alerts on your phone you will not only save battery power, but you can also increase the amount of time you spend in front of your computer and on your work. It will greatly reduce the number of emails you get, and you will get more done in a shorter amount of time.
- Focus on Result-Oriented Activities – To increase productivity at work, you need to focus on result-oriented activities. You don’t want to waste your time or your effort on non-productive activities such as gossiping, complaining, arguing, gossiping, giving thanks, complaining, and so forth. Rather you need to be focused on working toward specific goals that will increase the company’s productivity. If you’re not sure how to improve your productivity at work, try asking others to help you with implementing a new system or two so that you can work more productively and more effectively. One way to improve productivity in the work is to set daily goals for each employee. Focus on what you need to accomplish for the day and make sure you are on schedule. Another great way to increase productivity at work is to ensure you are completely organized. Keep track of everything, both in and outside of the work area by using a daily log or file system. Make sure you keep your work area tidy, clean and organized. A clean environment is a happy environment.
- Get Rid of Time Wasters – Productivity in the workplace is something that needs to be taken seriously, and that starts with how you manage it. It is impossible to create a work schedule that will be perfect for everyone in the workplace, but some things can be done to help you make sure that everyone has a great time at work. A lot of times, workers don’t know what is expected of them when it comes to their work, so they waste a lot of time each day trying to figure it out. Having an understanding of exactly what needs to be done will increase productivity, because the more time that is freed up, the more productive the worker can become. Another great way to get rid of time wasters is to be proactive about getting the job done. Sometimes, there will be things that need to be done, regardless of whether it is in the morning or the evening. You might find that certain tasks are done way before the normal time, but if you don’t do them, then you are wasting valuable time. You should make an effort to set priorities for the tasks so that they are done as quickly as possible.
Finding new ways to increase the level of productivity at work does not only depend on the individual but also the workplace that he works in. In other words, if there are distractions in the workplace, such as electronic distractions, the worker cannot focus on his work. If there are distractions in the workplace, such as social media, then the worker cannot focus on his tasks. Thus, to avoid distractions in the workplace, an employee needs to remove the social media devices from his desk so that he can fully concentrate on his task. Thus, these are some of the things that you should do if you want to make sure that you will be able to maximize your productivity in the workplace.